Here is what I actually did to make these bars. While I’m willing to tell you what I did, it seems unfair to link that to the original recipe which probably isn’t at all properly reflected in my final result.
Pre-heat oven to 350°.
Coat 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- 3 oz. all purpose flour
- 1.6 oz. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 t. cream of tartar Whisk to combine dry ingredients
- 1/4 t. baking soda in small bowl.
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar (packed) Combine in large bowl
- 1/4 c. canola oil (Here is where I put them in a LARGE bowl,
- 2 T. milk not realizing I was going to beat until smooth).
- 2 large eggs Beat until smooth. 🙂
Add flour mixture to large bowl and beat at low speed until combined.
- 1 1/2 c. whole grain flakes & clusters cereal
- 3/4 c. chopped dried fruit
Fold fruit and cereal into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
1/2 c. flaked sweetened coconut. Sprinkle coconut on top.
Bake until golden ( about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.